Guidelines for Completing Schedule A
6: Adult Groups
- The first column is the number of groups held at any time during the week or weekend.
- The column "number of members" is for typical attendances.
- Courses include such Groups as Alpha, Emmanus, Christianity Explained, etc.
We know that discipleship can be one of those fuzzy words that if we are not careful can mean anything. So we have deliberately identified the discipleship DNA we are looking for:
† Good discipleship DNA as observed in the gospels in the shared life of Jesus and his disciples has the following characteristics:
- An intentional, holistic, long-term group that is involved in mission and worship, actively seeking the leading of the Spirit.
- This is facilitated by good leadership and mentoring, helping the group to journey into the unknown, surrounded by God's grace.
- † Are there parish groups studying and practicing these core essentials?