Anglican Diocese of Wellington
We are family, we are disciples, we care for the last, the lost, and the least.
Home > Parishes & Churches > Whanganui/Plateau > St Thomas

St Thomas' - Sanson  

Physical Location
and Street Address
Main Road, Sanson
Contact Phone Number(s) 06 327 8398 - Office 
06 327 7930 - Priest in Charge 
Priest in Charge Reverend Dr Graeme Webb
Wardens Francis Twiss and Ann Hammond


Rangitikei Parish which includes St Thomas' is a large rural parish situated south of Mt Ruapehu and west of the Rangitikei River.

St. Thomas was built in 1877 at a cost of 590 pounds.  Consecrated by Bishop Hadfield, the architect was Charles Tringham.  Mid-Victorian Gothic with tower, apse and sanctuary and built with totara pegs and dowels, rather than nails.

There is a monthly service at 9.30am on the fourth Sunday and a Carol Service on Christmas Eve.




Time of service

Day of the week

Brief details about service

St Thomas'

9.30 am


4th Sunday each month. Lay led.


No reira waiho ko te aroha o Te Matua Kaha Rawa hei korowai mou.
May the love of Almighty God enfold you!