|Home > Education and Church Schools > Church Schools > St Georges Preparatory School
||Liverpool Street, Whanganui 4501
||06 349 0298
||Ms Julie Gifkins
||Year 1 - Year 8
St George's School is an independent, Anglican, Co-educational primary school, providing a high standard of education for students ranging from Years 1 to 8.
Individual difference is valued at St George's and students of all abilities enjoy success here.
Our teachers are trained to accommodate different learning strengths and learning styles, and personalising learning is an especially high priority.
There is a strong emphasis on literacy and numeracy because we understand that it is vital to get the basics right. The success of our approach is demonstrated by the school's exceptional academic results of our students.
||Fidus et Audax - "Be Faithful and Daring"
We Encourage and challenge our students to be faithful and daring in all that they do.
Families choose St George's because we encourage discovery and nurture every child's potential to shine.
The spirit of St George's School is:
- determined and committed to making it happen for every child
- committed to each child reaching their full potential
- giving each child a chance to shine
- providing a safe, supportive, encouraging environment to grow and challenge oneself
- a place that build self-belief, 'I can I will I do' and the will and empathy to support others
The Four Pillars
1. Community - to foster respectful, compassionate relationships within our school whanau. To connect and contribute positively to our wider community.
2. 'Discovery' - to provide opportunities for value, innovative leanring experiences. Our curriculum values and develops curious students and instills a growth mind-set. Our students develop their potential as aspirational, future-focused learners.
3. Pastoral - to ensure a safe, caring, inspiring school environment. our happy children will thrive and develop character and key social/life skills.
4. Sustainability - to nurture and sustain our school, our values and its Anglican ethos.
|These values underpin the important qualities for our learning community.
Kind Hearts Kind Thoughts Kind Words and Actions
Confidence, Compassion, Co-operation, Courage, Creativity, Determination, Excellence, Integrity, and Respect
No reira waiho ko te aroha o Te Matua Kaha Rawa hei korowai mou.
May the love of Almighty God enfold you!